The Churches around the world, today have taken the word of God into their hands and talked or talked about their understanding and have brought fear which is not Godly. It is our responsibility that knows what is right and wrong and more importantly Scriptural. We would like to present a few questions and at the same time answer them to clarify and to have a better understanding.
Does the Scripture talk or record anything like a Pandemic? What is that and how is that?
To answer our question, we must acknowledge and be assured that the Scripture does speak and record the Pandemic. All the occurrences of this concept mostly have occurred only in the Old Testament, except for a few occurrences in the book of Revelation.
Presentation of our clarifications:
- This (Pandemic) is not a sign of the end of the age or the last days. Jesus makes it very clear in Matthew 24: 3-8.
- Coming in Christ’s name and misleading.
- Wars, nation against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.
- Famine in various places, not all over.
- Earthquakes in various places, not all over.
All these above are just the beginning of the end time, not the end. But will make sure that Christ is expected pretty soon, could be in a few years.
- The End-time Pandemic that the Scripture talks about only will occur in the tribulation period, which means, the church will not be part of this Pandemic as the Scripture reveals. Rev. 6:8 and 18:8.
- The Pandemic that the Scripture has recorded in the Old Testament is the natural outcome of sin and disobedience to God or His Law (Leviticus 26:23-26). The book of Jeremiah has spoken about this fourteen times in combination with three “sword, starvation, and pestilence.”.
The Hebrew word that talks about the Pandemic are דֶּבֶר (deber) is usually translated as pestilence when it is applied to a disease for humans. And the root of this word דָּבַר (dabar) simply means “to speak”. The pandemic was and is always the communication of God to mankind. This is a message from the Lord to the world that He is the Lord and the master of all. We must accept it, though there are many who would not accept it.
SO HOW SHOULD WE UNDERSTAND THIS COVID-19? AND REACT?
- The pandemics are natural outcomes and results of the sin and violation of the Lord.
- This has nothing to do with the sign of end times. We should be careful not to spread the wrong message of the Scriptures.
- God is the Lord of this entire universe, therefore, he still continues to communicate his message to the world through these pandemics, as we looked into the Hebrew word of the Old Testament.
- Should continue to understand the message of the Lord that the Lord is God.
- Christians should understand and continue to experience the sovereignty of the Lord. He is the master of our lives and the king of kings and Lord of Lords, and he is able to make all good and perfect out of evil.
- Christians should prove by their reactions at this time of their faith and trust in the Lord that he is their Lord, Sustainer, Healer, and protector. He has all the right and ability to heal and to take life.
- Christians also should be careful in taking good care and precaution against COVID-19. Just as Jesus said to satan "thou shall not tempt thy God", by our superhero kind of attitude and emotions.
- Christians have an open door at this time to communicate the gospel to the wayward and unbelievers.
Just as Jesus taught us, we should pray this in reality:
“Our Father in heaven, all glory to you alone, God may you continue to reign in our lives and the world Lord, and may we continue to do thy will and be obedient. For we know you will take care of us even in our smallest matter. Please keep us away from the evil and dangerous life Lord as we see in this world that is groping in sin. We know Lord you are the King, you have the power and you will do everything for your glory. Please keep your church, as an individual and corporate body away from this present evil-COVID -19. May the lost come to you by realizing and acknowledging that you are the one and only True God. Have mercy on us as we are your dear children and even the ones who have still not accepted you as their Lord and Savior. In Christ's name”. Amen.
Here are some of the major pandemics that have occurred over time:
Despite the persistence of disease and pandemics throughout history, there’s one consistent trend over time – a gradual reduction in the death rate. Healthcare improvements and understanding the factors that incubate pandemics have been powerful tools in mitigating their impact.